The valve train is the main part of the gas distribution mechanism of a modern internal combustion engine. The functional purpose of the valve is to open and close the technological holes in the cylinder block for the intake of the air-fuel mixture and the exhaust of the exhaust gases (depending on the type of valve).What is a valve? They are key parts of the mechanism, which must ensure complete sealing of the combustion chamber when the fuel is ignited in it. During the operation of the motor, they are constantly under high load. That is why strict requirements are imposed on the process of their manufacture, as well as on the design features, adjustments and the actual operation of the engine valves.
Each pair and group of valves has the following requirements:
- the lowest possible weight;
- anti-corrosion resistance;
- impeccable heat transfer of the valve;
- tightness of work in contact with the seat;
- increased mechanical strength and rigidity at the same time;
- excellent indicator of resistance to mechanical and shock loads;
- streamlining the valve at the time of intake and exit of exhaust gases.
Varieties of valves in an engine
For normal engine operation, the gas distribution mechanism design provides for the installation of two types of engine valves:
- intake valves (operate at 350-500 degrees);
- exhaust valves (they are heavier - the hot exhaust gases heat them up to 700-900 degrees. For gasoline engines, this parameter reaches 800 - 900 ° С, for diesel power units - 500 - 700 ° С. Therefore, accordingly, the exhaust valves are often made more heat resistant);
- The valve group includes the main parts:
- steel spring;
- device (mechanism) for fastening the return mechanism;
- bush that guides the movement;
- landing saddle.
All these parts work under severe mechanical and thermal conditions, undergoing tremendous loads. The saddle-valve conjugation is most exposed to high temperatures and shock loads. The alloys used in the exhaust valves stems are mainly chromium. It provides high temperature resistance, reduces friction, and also provides corrosion resistance to the part. If it is required to give the engine valve special characteristics, then it is subjected to heat treatment. In addition, parts constantly lack lubrication due to high operating speeds. This causes intense wear and tear. The requirements for the intake valves are not so stringent, since during the engine operation, they are cooled with a fresh air-fuel mixture. For the manufacture of rods, low-alloy grades of alloys with increased strength are used, and the plates are made of heat-resistant steels. Elart offers engine valves from such world brands as AE, FEBI BILSTEIN, FRECCIA and others. Elart is the official distributor of many global manufacturers. All products presented on the site are original. Sometimes it is difficult for people who are far from the world of cars to understand all the variety of engine valves. Although the site includes a comprehensive search function by car brand, buyers sometimes need quality advice. The company's managers will be happy to answer all your questions and choose the right auto part. After all, they are constantly improving their knowledge of the automotive industry. On the online store shelves, there is a wide range of various engine valves for different cars, such as AUDI 100 Avant (4A5, C4), SEAT IBIZA Mk II (6K1), SKODA FELICIA I (6U1), VW CARAVELLE IV Bus (70B, 70C, 7DB, 7DK, 70J, 70K, 7DC, 7DJ), RENAULT 19 II Chamade (L53), TOYOTA ALTIS Saloon (E14, E15), AUDI 100 Avant (4A5, C4), FORD ESCORT NOMADE VI Turnier (GAL, ANL), FORD MONDEO II Saloon (BFP) etc. Elart's sphere of influence extends far beyond the country where the headquarters are located. The company can confidently be called a leader in the supply of auto parts including auto valves at the international level.
For the maximum convenience of customers, the service provides the following methods of delivery:
- LT Post;
- DHL Economy can deliver to EU countries;
- DHL Express;
It is very easy and simple to order engine valve, because the service provides several payment options, including.
- Internet wallet PayPal;
- Payment by credit card (Visa and Mastercard);
- Bank account payment (invoice payment company for buyers.