An integral part of any piston engine is a cylinder head, which ensures the operation of several systems at once. The cylinder head has a rather complex design, and its condition is critical for the normal operation of the motor. Every motorist should understand the device of a cylinder head and understand how this element functions. But even if you don't understand auto parts at all, you can find exactly what you need in the store thanks to the user-friendly interface of the site, the comprehensive search function for spare parts by car brand, as well as highly qualified managers of online shop Elart.
What are cylinder heads?
It is one of the main units of all types of piston internal combustion engines; a one-piece or multiple piece that is mounted on a cylinder block to form sealed combustion chambers.
Cylinder head are made from cast iron or aluminum-based alloys. Products made of aluminum alloy are not as strong as cast iron. But aluminum cylinder heads are lighter and less susceptible to corrosion, which is why they are used in the engines of most passenger cars. The issues of prevention, diagnosis, repair and replacement of heads up cylinder heads must be taken as seriously as possible, since this is a critical element of the engine, which, moreover, is subjected to very significant mechanical and thermal stress.
Problems arise sooner or later, even with the correct operation of the car. The following factors accelerate the appearance of malfunctions in the engine - and in the head in particular are:
-   -   ignoring the periodic replacement of engine oil;
-   -   use of low-quality grease or oil that does not meet the requirements for the given internal combustion engine;
-   -  use of poor quality fuel;
-   -  clogged filters (air, oil);
-   -   long absence of routine maintenance;
-   -  harsh driving style, abuse of high revs;
-   -  faulty or unregulated injection system;
- unsatisfactory condition of the cooling system and, as a result, engine overheating.
If you do not pay attention to these factors in time and allow the cylinder head to malfunction, then soon you will have to buy a new cylinder head.
What functions do the cylinder heads perform?
With the help of the cylinder head, a number of tasks are solved that ensure the functioning of the engine:
-   -   formation of closed combustion chambers - they are formed with a recess in the lower part of the cylinder head and the piston crown;
- participation in the functioning of the gas distribution mechanism. On engines with an under-valve arrangement, the cylinder head only has valve recesses or short sections of the intake and exhaust ports. In engines with an overhead valve arrangement, the channels, as well as part or all of the timing mechanism, can be located on the cylinder head;
- participation in the operation of the engine cooling system;
- participation in the operation of the engine lubrication system - oil channels are made in the cylinder head with an overhead valve or the entire timing belt for supplying oil to the rubbing parts;
- participation in the operation of the ignition system of gasoline units - spark plugs are mounted in the cylinder head;
- participation in the operation of the fuel injection system of diesel and injection engines - injectors and auxiliary components are mounted in the cylinder head.
Accordingly, the head for all these systems acts as a housing element, it also contributes to the overall rigidity of the engine and the preservation of the geometry of its parts. This component of the engine plays an important role in the operation of the power unit; any malfunction of it requires an early repair or even a complete replacement. Elart online store supplies cylinder heads that provide maximum power and durability. The product line includes parts from world-class cylinder head manufacturers such as AMC, MEYLE, VAICO, SWAG, TOPRAN, MAXGEAR to name a few. Only here you can buy quality cylinder heads at a reasonable price. Also in the store, you can purchase individual spare parts, such as cylinder head, bolt kits, camshafts, balancers and other products, the serviceability of which affects the performance of the cylinder head as a whole.
You can place an order from anywhere in the world. The store offers these types of delivery:
- LT Post;
- DHL Economy can deliver to EU countries;
- DHL Express.
Also the service provides several payment options, including:
- Internet wallet PayPal;
- Payment by credit card (Visa and Mastercard);
- Bank account payment (invoice payment company for buyers).